Saturday, August 23, 2008

Sweet Cup of Hellos II

Marlene and I went to Cafe antonio. It was our first time to try the place because we usually go to Jungle Java where we both are regulars. I'm glad we tried a different environment. Cafe Latte really tasted good and so much more with stories.

So I guess chic lits do happen in real life too. I realized that while I was sipping my coffee, and listening to all the boy troubles we've been having lately. It's like a chapter in a novel where the two characters meet in a coffee shop for endless talks.

I have to say that my friendship with Mar has already withstood time. We've been friends since day one of our freshman year in college. Since then, she became my confidant, the perfect listener, the best adviser. I would often joke and tell her she could earn money being a psychological therapist. She's never been in a relationship before but whenever I have problems, all I have to do is run to her and she'll have the answers I need by the end of night.

Mar knows me well enough to tell when I'm lying, or when I have some plans cooking. Last night, I told her that I'm being troubled by the fact that the guy I like is in love with someone else. Marlene, knowing me, said that it's just all about winning the competition.

Or is it?

No comments: