Friday, August 15, 2008

Red Apple Misses STATE





They say you would only know what something means when it's already gone. I have to say that is so true.

It's been a rough three months since I left Michigan State University to go back to the Philippines and finish my degree. I had no choice. I wouldn't want to be a college dropout when all I have left is my final semester in UPLB. And because I chose to go back to my home country, I had to give up my everything. 

Oftentimes, I would just sit on my bed and stare blankly at the distant wall, then, as if watching a series of flashbacks, I would find myself caught in memories of winter and spring.

It's funny how I never wrote any about my experience as an exchange student in the States. I thought taking pictures is enough to keep all the good times intact. But I was wrong. I look back and wish I could have written about how I felt the very first time I stepped on snow, or how I laughed when we have Filipino dinners. I wished I had written something that would remind me how Coldstone ice cream tastes even when it's freezing point outside, or how I managed to get lost at all the right places. Sometimes I look back thinking I should have hosted more room parties, drank more beer, danced like there's no tomorrow. Ah, these are the little things I didn't know I would miss until they were all gone.

As for everyone who have been part of this little trip across the world, cheers! for all the fun times, for all the tear-jerker moments we had, for all the dramas, petty fights, little games, jokes, rendezvous. I miss all of it, every single second of my time at MSU, I miss more than I ever thought I will.

I would like to go back to Philips Snyder and eat like we've always done. I would want another serving of cake no matter how Allen and Chris would stop me. I would want to celebrate another St. Patty's day at Everyday Buffet and see if we do ever run across drunkards and party crashers who almost messed Jacky's birthday. I would want to wait for the CATA bus to take me for my daily dose of AE shopping. 

I will go back if I could. I just hope it would still feel the same.

No comments: