Tuesday, August 19, 2008

I found Green Apple in a Bookstore II

"He's got to be crazy!"

That's what I was thinking the whole time he was waiting for my answer. And I was just looking at him, trying to figure out what was happening. I even asked myself if it was for real because at that time, I felt like some actress shooting a scene in a bookstore with the leading man trying to win me over a cone of ice cream. It was actually funny because I was asking myself why my leading man looked like Eminem. Well, not actually. It was just because he was wearing this big-grayish hoodie which I thought was very Eminem. But it didn't matter.

"I don't go out with strangers" came my reply as I headed towards another row of books. I must have been so nervous with him following me around that I didn't realize I was heading towards Geography section (how lovely.) I just stared, grabbing book after book as though I was really engrossed (and I can't believe I was actually looking at maps and mountains!)

I swear I could actually feel him staring at me while I pretended to read the book I randomly chose from the selection. Do you know the feeling of hot flushes and then you start to sweat (even on a cold winter afternoon?) That's how I felt. I was really sure he kept on looking at me. But when I finally got the courage to look back, he was gone.

No comments: