Monday, August 18, 2008

funny bone

I can't help myself from cracking up.

You know the feeling when you did something in the past and it suddenly hits you in the present and bring back some memories that will either make you curse yourself or actually question your judgment?

I was totally hit!

Looking for my certificates (to be included in my manuscript) I found a folded bond paper (now a little yellowish in color) in my bookshelf. I looked at it and read in disbelief. It was something I've written two years ago and I actually wanted to kill myself after reading, for writing such a thing. Well, it's funny how you do one thing, think of it as real and serious and then laugh at it and think it's so ridiculous one point in the future.

If it's any consolation, I think it made me realize I grew a little. 

Wow, save the drama.. but I guess I was really desperate that two long years ago.

Here's something I wrote couple years back and I still look at it and can't believe I wrote it:

DESPERATE METER
When did I start feeling desperate?
1. The day I signed up for speed dating events in the metro.
2. The moment I sent my friends a message telling them to set me up on a blind date.
3. The All Saint's Day I eagerly eyed on guys in the cemetery (only to break my neck.)
4. The gimmick night my gay friends started looking like straight (note to self: you were drunk!)

It makes me say: Now I know better.. 

No comments: